Monday, March 19, 2007

Doing the Dew

The ad was dumb. So was the punch line. The Sprite ad's spoof on it damaged whatever little was left. But one day while travelling by bus, feeling extreme thirst and nausea, I tried it. it felt good. Now it's my soft drink of choice.

Now, why am I writing all this just for a drink? The other day I went to the hill top to have a photosession with my friend and he had brought a Dew bottle filled with water along with his bag. So I thought the green bottle and red bag in the evening sunlight made a good combination... In summary all this that I wrote is just a bahana to post these snaps! ;-)

I am simply loving the 'quality time' I am spending with my K100D! I have posted hi-res versions of these snaps..






9 comments:

Everyman said...

They looks like a couple of lovers :) Good combo! The bag looks too big for the bottle though:))

GuNs said...

I like the second one a lot. Still wondering how you get such a shallow depth of field on these pics. One trick is to move away and then zoom in instead of staying closer and shooting at wide angle. But I didnt think anyone else knew the trick.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

claytonia vices said...

Everyman, a lot of young and old couples sit on that hill watching the sunset... :-)

Guns, I use a 200 mm prime lens (about 8x) and wide appertures of around 5.6 or 4f. Yes, I was a few meters away for this. C'mon guns, it is not a 'trick'. It is standard procedure when an out-of-focus background is needed... this is very much used in movies too!

The Penny Lane said...

Are you being paid by the company?
This is like an Ad...now i wanna go and Dew my thirst.
:)
Nice pics. as always.

The Penny Lane said...

No u did not tell me that.
Thank you very much :)

GuNs said...

Umm...thanks for the info.
We non-SLR people have to resort to "tricks" because we cannot have custom lenses with a very flexible DOP.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

Jerusha said...

The mountain dew people should pay you! :)
Have to tell you one thing Clay - there's one thing I desperately envy you for - your regular nature jaunts!
Think maybe I should buy me a motorbike or something so I could do it too..

claytonia vices said...

anytime guns! I am sure you can do that with your Lumix in manual or portrait mode...

Sundancer, I feel honoured to be envied! :-) Hmmm.... doesn't banjara hills give you any of this?

Jerusha said...

Banjara Hills is green and there are trees and there's our massive park but it's still the city, you look up and you see/hear the buzz of people and automobiles..not quite like your little trips.