Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Why shoot in RAW format?


If you are a student of photography you must have heard a lot about the advantages of shooting in RAW format (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAW_format). But it is in certain extreme conditions that you actually get to clearly see the advantages of shooting in RAW. Once you see the advantages you will fall in love with it. :) I have always wanted to have a series of pics that clearly demonstrate the advantages of shooting in RAW format and just the other day we found that image. Since I am shooting in RAW+JPEG, I get a JPEG version too of every photo.



The last image on the right is very similar to what I would have got if I had used a transparency film with a graduated neutral density (ND) filter or maybe a circular polarizing filter. 

No comments: